Monday, April 2, 2007

Ebay vs Amazon Experiment

Both Ebay and Amazon have affiliate programs that are free to join and offer commissions. I use both of them on my sites and now I am doing an experiment to see which one really performs and pays better. For Ebay, I think the best tool they have is the Editor's Kit since it shows running auctions and can be specifically categorized to whichever product(s) you want to promote. And Amazon's best tool I would say is their aStore, which is a storefront that you can customize and choose the products you want to sell. Here is an example of the Ebay Editor's Kit: Pet Echo and an example of the Amazon aStore: Pet Echo Store. Now for the month of April I am using same advertising techniques (Adwords, USFreeads, etc.) to promote both on one of my sites.

I will update at the end of the month as to which one overall did the best.

No comments: