Thursday, March 15, 2007

Making Money On The Other Side Of Ebay

Years ago I sure made a couple of mistakes. I didn't purchase ebay stock when it was low-priced or join their affiliate program where some are now making 5 or 6 figures per month. I guess I was too busy selling products on ebay never crossing my mind that if I was making money, then ebay was making much more. In any case I did eventually purchase ebay stock just for the sake of not having invested in the first place, made a small profit but nothing to write home about. Maybe it's not too late to make money on the other side of ebay...through their affiliate program that is.

Can you believe it their top affiliate reported commissions of over $1,000,000 in one month...all from promoting ebay. No large investment, selling products, shipping, dealing with customers, just using various marketing techniques to get people to join and buy on ebay. Sounds too good to be true and something I just had to try out. After working hard for years, who wouldn't want an easier way to make money.

Well nothing is ever as easy as it sounds but I can see how these people are making it big as an ebay affiliate. When you look at it this way you don't even need a website to get up to 65% commission on ebay's revenue and up to $22 commission on each new active user, all from your referrals.

I joined around 2 months ago and have been using various advertising tools & banners to promote ebay on some of my sites. I even have one on this site. Can you guess which one it is? I especially like their Editor's Kit which I use on two of my sites. My progress so far has been good.

If you don't have a website then you can use the Flexible Destination Tool or Keyword Tool for ebay landing pages which you can promote through PPC or free advertising sites like USFreeAds.

And if you have a website, then start adding on the Editor's Kit and ebay banners. If your site already has traffic, then all the better because this will certainly add to your revenue. If your site has minimal traffic then start promoting your site using the different methods that I have already mentioned from previous posts. The Ebay brand is well-known so really is not hard to promote.

Maybe you and I may never make the 5, 6 or 7 figures in a month as an ebay affiliate but any extra profit is always good. It's funny though being that I was an ebay seller (and still am) for many years, here venturing out and coming full-circle back to ebay. As they say... go where the money is.

First if you are not a ebay member click here to join. It's free and who knows maybe you might even find some good deals. In order to use tools like the Editor's Kit, you have to be a member of ebay. Then review and join ebay's affiliate program and start on the road to making more money.

No comments: